Mentally abused trapped husband

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Mentally abused trapped husband

Is there a service or place how a husband to fine help for a divorce when he is trapped in a mentally abusive marriage. The finances are not very great to pay for a big expensive divorce. There is a child involved and the wife has done many fraudulent things during the marriage.

Asked on March 19, 2017 under Family Law, Kansas


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Since a chils is involved, having legal representation would be best. This man can check to see if he is eligible for representation by Legal Aid. If not, can see if they can recommend someone to help him. Also, he can call to see if there is a law school nearby to where he lives as they typically run free or low cost legal clinics which handle divorce cases. Finally, he can contact the state/county Bar Association since they may have a list of lawyers who will take his case "pro bono" (for free) or at least for a reduced fee based on his income/circumstances. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption