Medical hardship

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Medical hardship

I live in Texas.I have a medical hardship. It has caused me to place my home for short sale and possible foreclosure and I am trying to pay other bills that I can’t seem to cover with my earnings. Can this be a determining factor to file for bankruptcy?

Asked on June 10, 2009 under Bankruptcy Law, Texas


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

what I would suggest you do is call a local attorney wh specializes in bankruptcy. What you need to do is get a grasp on all your bills, any income, any existing debts and present all that information to the attorney

In determining whether to file you need to basically review a persons overall financial situation and history and proceed accordingly. Without all the facts I cannot advise either way but would strongly urge you to consult with a local attorney to see if it is right for you

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption