Medical cleanup

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Medical cleanup

If an individual works in a therapists office or office for counseling and an individual in the building had attempted suicide, which the attempt left a ton of blood and medical waste which can be hazardous to individuals when exposed to, if the employer had said they weren’t going to hire a cleaner and had made the receptionists and theraposts clean up the blood themselves, without proper hazardous waste cleaning equipment or preventative measures could any action be taken against this employer?

Asked on July 5, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, North Carolina


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Action can only be taken if one of the persons involved was harmed by this--e.g. contracted some disease or infection. The law does not provide compensation for what "might" or "could" have happened but did not; only in the event of some actual harm from this, woudl there be grounds for legal action.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption