What can I do if my wide is a vegan and is confusing my kids’ eating habits?

UPDATED: Jul 22, 2017

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 22, 2017Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if my wide is a vegan and is confusing my kids’ eating habits?

My ex-wife and I are very different, which is fine. The problem is she is vegan as of about a month ago and is pushing

Asked on July 22, 2017 under Family Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can't do anything other than explain to your kids why you think mom is wrong and hope they form a more-balanced perspective. Each parent has the right to raise the children how he or she wants, as long as they are not being abused or neglected; this means that there will be time when the parents disagree strongly about core issues, like politics, religion, etc. and each pushes a different message on the childen; but just like it is legally ok if one parent is a devout church-goer and the other is an athiest and they give conflicting messages about faith, so, too, is it legally ok if the parents disagree about meat or diet.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption