Location changed after H1 applied – OPT to H1 COS

UPDATED: Aug 8, 2016

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Location changed after H1 applied – OPT to H1 COS


I am currently working on OPT. My company has applied for my H1 and it was
picked in lottery. It is currently under processing with the USCIS and I have not
received any update.
My work location has changed after the H1 was applied and now work at a
different work location but with the same company and client.
Will this be any issue during the H1 processing or after the H1 is approved ?


Asked on August 8, 2016 under Immigration Law, California


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

It s hould not be but the company will need to submit an amended form to show the added or new location and to make sure that the LCA and the prevailing wage covers that location.  This is something that the employer must do, however, not you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption