Lived with boyfriend in my home but kicked him out.Mortgage and utility bills are all in my name. I live in PA

UPDATED: May 15, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 15, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Lived with boyfriend in my home but kicked him out.Mortgage and utility bills are all in my name. I live in PA

I kicked my boyfriend out of my house and set some of his stuff outside, I notified him it was there, he rummaged through the items but did not take any of the bags and left a mess behing. How long do I have before I have legal right to get rid of his items in and out of my home? I also told him That he can have the rest of his things but must call first and is not to enter my home unless i give permission. This will take hours so I plan to have an officer present. What are my legal rights in this situation?

Asked on May 15, 2009 under Family Law, Pennsylvania


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You left his stuff outside the house? How do you know he and no one else rummaged through the house? Were you there? Did you take video? Do you have someone you mutually know who can take the stuff and give it to him?

If not, then have the officer come in immediately when he plans to show up and that way if your ex leaves things behind, it is done in front of the police officer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption