lender is forelosing without notification

UPDATED: Jun 4, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 4, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

lender is forelosing without notification

While actively avoiding contact with us, while saying that they are considering our application for loan modification, lender, without notification, sent our mortgage to a debt collector and started foreclore on our house.

Asked on June 4, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Oklahoma


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Yup, it happens.  Don't be surprised.  Sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  If you haven't been foreclosed on, you are ahead of the game.  Immediately contact the following agency and if that doesn't appear to help, contact a private counsel at www.attorneypages.com(check his or her record at the Oklahoma State Bar) or the Oklahoma State Attorney General's office.

Here is the agency who can probably most guide you/help you/resolve your situation:


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption