What to do about a broken water heater and mailbox access?

UPDATED: Jan 5, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about a broken water heater and mailbox access?

I am leasing a property owned privately through a property management company. We have a broken water heater that has been “fixed” 6 times and still won’t provide consistent hot water. We also have not had access to our mailbox. It is month 9. What approach should I take legally?

Asked on January 5, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You first need to contact the property management company about the water heater and the mail box situation in person as to how the situation will be resolved and follow up with a letter memorializing the conversation, keeping a copy of it for future need and reference.

I suggest that given the problems with the water heater a new one is needed to be installed and installed in a prompt manner. As to the mail box situation, that too needs to be resolved in that you need access to your mail.

If the property management company fails to respond in a timely and adequate manner to your last contact and request for remedy, you should consult with a landlord tenant attorney about writing a forceful letter to the property management company on your behalf.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption