Lease Purchase Option in Means test

UPDATED: May 30, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 30, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Lease Purchase Option in Means test

I am considering a lease purchase option on a home. How will this payment be factored in the means testing in Florida. My income is over state median. The payment will be 1500 dollars per month, which is above the IRS guideline for the means test. Will I be able to claim this amount as my housing expense in the means test or will I have to use the lesser IRS guideline. I am in Florida

Asked on May 30, 2009 under Bankruptcy Law, Florida


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

This is not an answer someone on this board can definitively give you.  We don't have your case file, we don't know all of what you owe, what you are claiming, which trustee you have, which judge you are going with, etc.

Get a bankruptcy lawyer in your state or at least consult with one.  Trust me, it will help you.  Try and check his or her record at the Florida State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption