Kentucky insurance question

UPDATED: Mar 25, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Kentucky insurance question

I was test driving a vehicle that belonged to my neighbor. He told me that he had insurance on the vehicle, even showed a card that was still valid. I was in an accident and gave all the info to the police officer. It turns out he had dropped the insurance. Now I am being sued by the other car’s driver since they paid out for her doctor bills. What can I do?

Asked on March 25, 2009 under Accident Law, Kentucky


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Well, was his car insured? If so, contact an attorney.  Did you contact your insurance company already? If so, your policy may require them to hire an attorney to represent you.  If so, then you may consider (your attorney may consider) suing or bringing in the owner of the vehicle you test drove.   Try or your local bar association or state bar to locate an attorney who handles such motor vehicle accidents.

Hope this helps.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption