Is this considered unlawful harrassment

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is this considered unlawful harrassment

I spoke with a coworker about her questionable substance abuse. She is under a microscope daily and is close to losing her job. As a nurse I know what I see, I spoke to her privately and asked her to get help to save her job as well as her life. I showed her on her insurance card the number to call for substance abuse help. She acted as if she was going to call.
But rather, she filed a complaint against me the Board of Nursing. I am a registered nurse but my job is a teacher in this workplace.

Asked on April 4, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It is not your employer's responsibility if the coworker filed a complaint with the board--the complaint may be baseless or groundless, but since it was not the employer doing this, it is not the employer's responsibiltiy or liability. Therefore, this would not be considered workplace harassment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption