Is this a correct new york state court procedure?

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is this a correct new york state court procedure?

On a driving privilege suspension notice, where it says reason, there is a failure to answer summons not failure to pay fine. Once you plead guilty to the ticket, should this notice be filled out and sent to the DMV? The court clerk, in this case, was instructed, by the judge, not fill the notice out until the guilty was excepted by the court and the fine is payed. Is that a correct court procedure?

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Criminal Law, New York


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I am unsure. You need to speak with a lawyer -- because it may appear you failed to answer a previous summons on this matter.

Try and check his or her record at the New York State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption