Is there need to hire attorney regarding an injury caused by store employees?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is there need to hire attorney regarding an injury caused by store employees?

While shopping at a retail chain, 2 of their employees broke out in a fist fight and knocked my disabled husband to the ground with a hard force. He is sore and probably should have gone to get checked out but just wanted to get home, so he didn’t. Now the district manager is coming to town tomorrow and wants to talk with him. Should he consult with an attorney?


Asked on September 18, 2018 under Personal Injury, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If your husband is just "sore" there is no point in taking legal action or consulting with a lawyer: take whatever the store offers. The fact that your husband is disabled is irrelevant: all that matters is how badly he was hurt and what medical costs he incurred due to this. You only receive compensation for serious injuries or impairment or for you out-of-pocket costs and losses. If your husband was lucky enough to only be "sore," he would not get enough compensaton to justify (or even pay for) a lawsuit and lawyer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption