Is there anyway to get life insurancethat Iwas left before myformer guardians sayI can have it?

UPDATED: Feb 27, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 27, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is there anyway to get life insurancethat Iwas left before myformer guardians sayI can have it?

I was left life insurance it was supposed to be put into a trust but never was. I have since turned 18 and I no longer live with my previous guardians. There was nothing in the Will that stated what age I was to receive the insurance.

Asked on February 27, 2012 under Estate Planning, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I do not hve a good feeling about all of this.  Are you sure that the fund still exist?  You need to see the document that created the trust which is ususally a court order (since you were a minor) and generally speaking if the Will is silent then it would be 18 (or legal age in your state). I would go and see legal aid or turn to another adult you trust to help. Good luck. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption