is there anything legally that i can do to stop my manager from harrassing me

UPDATED: May 20, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 20, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

is there anything legally that i can do to stop my manager from harrassing me

my manager was suspended last year for malicious gossip about me now this year i was suppose to work during the weekend so she could go to bluegrass but i told her i had to find a babysitter first and i couldnt so i gave her 4 days b4 the weekend but she had her friend call me and tell me how F***** up i was because i wasnt going to work for her then they went to my parents but i wasnt there and was rude to my mother is there any thing that i can do because my regional manager isnt helping much

Asked on May 20, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, Alaska


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

All you can really do is make a complaint to your supervisor and hope that the problem goes away.  It is unfortunate that you are in this situation.  Is there any way for you to transfer to a new branch/store?  Managers should not act like that and i am sure their conduct violates the corporate employee conduct guidelines.  Try reporting it to the regional person again and ask if you need to take it hire up the ladder to fully address your concerns here.  If the regional manager is smart, that person will deal with this for you so they dont look bad to corporate.  Good luck and make sure the letter is politely written.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption