Is there anything that I can do about getting a 2 year old OVI reversed?

UPDATED: Mar 17, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 17, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is there anything that I can do about getting a 2 year old OVI reversed?

I was found guilty of an OVI when I blew a 0.017 and a urinalyses showed that there was nothing in my system. It has taken 2 years to get a hold of the reports; I was never given the opportunity to view them before. They show no evicdence of guilt.

Asked on March 17, 2012 under Criminal Law, Ohio


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you were found guilty of the OVI that you are writing about and now you have just obtained reports showing that you may not have been guilty of the offense that you were charged with, you might be able to file a motion to open the hearings and seek a new trial based upon newly discovered evidence. Whether or not you have a basis to do so, is best determined by consulting with an experienced criminal defense attorney about your matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption