Is there any alternatives to jail or a fine for posession of **** paraphanelia in Tarrant County, Texas?

UPDATED: Apr 24, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 24, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is there any alternatives to jail or a fine for posession of **** paraphanelia in Tarrant County, Texas?

I got a paraph ticket for a marijuana pipe. It wasnt mine, but my friend let me borrow it so i guess it counts as it was mine.

Asked on April 24, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

As a practical matter I doubt you're looking at jail time for possession of drug paraphernalia.  Probably just a fine which will most probably have to be paid.  If jail time becomes an issue you could move for something called "diversion".  This is offered to first time offenders (not sure if this is applicable since you didn't say) for cases such as this.  You'll pay a fine and do community service.  The proceedings suspended.  What this means is that no guilty verdict is entered and the person has no criminal record; if they stay out of trouble for a certain period of time and obey the terms of their probation during that time, the charges get dropped. 

Again however, based on your facts, I think a fine is the worst you are looking at.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption