is there a law in washing state for homewreckers/mistress? is it a criminal act?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

is there a law in washing state for homewreckers/mistress? is it a criminal act?

married 24 years, 20 when started buisness, 1 yr into buisness 2005 hired a waitress, started to have affair with husband, lost buisness after 1.5 yrs with her 2006, prior to this she was trying to destroy a marriage for 3 years, found my husband quit with the last couple and full into my family, divorced her husband, continued with mine and lived with another man, gave me desease, had to go on soloft, zanix my husband and her convinced me they were not haveing an affair said i was crazy, left my husband in feb 2008, she apparently left my husband in nov. 2009 I resently disc. all 5 days ago

Asked on April 20, 2009 under Criminal Law, Nevada


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 15 years ago | Contributor

Okay, so I am going to discuss some things from my experience in family court matters: why are simply blaming her? Why not him? You are clearly angry and that is not a good emotion to have to deal with your issues here.  If you don't think clearly enough, it could jeopardize what you seek:

Read the following and then please find a divorce atty in your state. or Nevada state bar/Washington State bar.

 1. Undertand Washington State is a no-fault divorce state -- no need to assign blame or prove the other spouse has fault.

2. So suing this woman under theories of alienation of affection or negligent infliction of emotional distress in a no fault state isn't going to do much to help.  In fact, it may create undue embarassment for you if the press gets a hold of it and spins it against you.

3. I don't see specific adultery laws. 

4. Look up adultery:


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption