Is it possible to get a no contact order appealled or possibly dropped with out the consent of the petitioners permission?

UPDATED: Jun 25, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is it possible to get a no contact order appealled or possibly dropped with out the consent of the petitioners permission?

The order states that the respondent committed domestic violence and represents a credible threat to the physical safety of petitioner. I never laid a hand on her or her kids. This whole thing is based on lies. what can I do?

Asked on June 25, 2012 under Criminal Law, Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The best way to handle the situation that you are writing about is to consult with a criminal defense attorney.

There are strict time period in which to appeal an adverse order or judgment. In order to have to "no contact" order removed without the permission of the petitioner, you either have to appeal the order, file a motion for reconsideration if there are new facts/new law supporting the request, or bring a motion of your own stating that the basis for the "no contact" order no longer exists.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption