Isit OK for my mom’s boyfriend to touch me if Idon’t want to be touched?

UPDATED: Jan 2, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 2, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Isit OK for my mom’s boyfriend to touch me if Idon’t want to be touched?

Asked on January 2, 2012 under Criminal Law, Oregon


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

It is not all right for your mother's boyfriend to touch you if you do not want to be touched. Worse yet, if you are a minor and you are being touched inappropriately by your mother's boyfriend then most likely statutes designed to protect minors such as you have been violated.

You have the right to be left alone in this country. If you are a minor, I suggest that you consult with your school guidance counselor, child protection services or some adult that you trust. You can even contact law enforcement about the situation.

First, I would try and discuss the situation with your mother, if she is not helpful, then contact an adult that you can trust about the situation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption