Is it legal to issue2 inspection tickets within3 days on the same vehicle?

UPDATED: Oct 19, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 19, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is it legal to issue2 inspection tickets within3 days on the same vehicle?

Asked on October 19, 2011 under General Practice, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

It is entirely proper and legal for law enforcement to issue two (2) inspection citiations within three (3) days for the same vehicle. Most likely the police officer who issued the initial citiation saw something improper with the vehicle he observed resulting in the stop and issuance of of a ticket.

Most likely you were driving your vehicle several days late and another police officer observed your vehicle, made the stop and issued the second inspection ticket for something apparently wrong with your vehicle.

I recommend that you take your vehicle in to a shop that can remedy the issues of your vehicle that warranted the two inspection tickets sooner rather than later.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption