is it against the law for 2 male bosses to put a female in a closed door office with a male that she is accusing of touching her?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

is it against the law for 2 male bosses to put a female in a closed door office with a male that she is accusing of touching her?

A male hugged her and than belittled her for doing her job, then the 2 male bosses put her in an office with him and told her she was wrong.

Asked on March 13, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

It may well be actionable, since to put a woman in with a man who she had complained of engaging in unconsented touching may be sexual harassment or discrimination: she is being forced to associate with a harasser. It may also be illegal retaliation for making sexual harassment complaint to "make her job uncomfortable"--the law does not let employers punish employees for making discrimination or harassment complaints. The woman may wish to contact the EEOC to discuss the matter and possibly file a complaint.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption