Is it acceptable for a company to allow any employee with computer access to see your monthly performance?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is it acceptable for a company to allow any employee with computer access to see your monthly performance?

My employer allows all the employee’s in our area to have access to see everyone’s monthly

performance. Is this an acceptable practice? Or is there any recourse for this action when a fellow employee is viewing your performance for them to try to look better to the boss?

Asked on August 6, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Utah


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

A company can set the conditions of the worklace much as it sees fit. This includes allowing employees access to monthly reports. That s unless this action constitutes soem form of legally actionble discrimination or violates the terms of an employmentcontract or union/collective bargaining agreement. As an "at will" employee you can either accept this policy, complain and risk termination, or quit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption