iran from probation violation felony in tenn and mesdeameaner in ga I needed to get away from bad pep places things I straighteed my life since

UPDATED: May 28, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 28, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

iran from probation violation felony in tenn and mesdeameaner in ga I needed to get away from bad pep places things I straighteed my life since

i now live in NY and met my soulmate but i know now i want to do the right thing and i need advice on what to initional charge in tenn was 2 counts poss/resale and in ga was dwi and driving on revolked expired tag striking a fixed object..i want to do what i need to do and be able to come back home to NY any advice is helpful

Asked on May 28, 2009 under Criminal Law, New York


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It's good that you want to take care of this.  Contacting the authorities voluntarily is certainly a step in the right direction.

What you will need to do is to contact an attorney in both TN and GA.  I'd tackle the TN offenses first.  There are of a more serious and therefore immediate concern.  Possibly if enough time has elapsed and if you been in no other trouble (excepting the GA incident), your attorney might be able to arrange reinstatement of your probation; but then again maybe he will not and you will have to serve some jail time.  Either way you can't go forward with your life until you have put this behind you.  Waiting to get picked up on these outstanding warrants is no way to live.  Getting stopped for a speeding ticket or having a simple employment background check could turn this all up.  Then the courts will show you little if any leniency.

Again, get an attorney first before contacting either state.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption