What are my rights if I injured right hand and wrist at work with defective equipment?

UPDATED: May 28, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 28, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I injured right hand and wrist at work with defective equipment?

Manager did not.take timely action until after my injury. Condition getting worse to the point where I don’t think I can work anymore. I was also mistreated by her and yelled at when i reported my injury to her. I had to talk to her supervisor because she wouldn’t take action. What can I do? I am on light duty by doctor’s orders but my condition has worsened significantly.

Asked on May 28, 2014 under Personal Injury, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Since you were injured at work, you should file a workers' compensation claim.  Your human resources department should have the forms you will need to file a workers' compensation claim.  The workers' compensation claim will pay your medical bills and compensate you for your injury.  You can receive vocational rehabilitation  if you are unable to perform your current job and your employer is unable to reasonably accommodate you.  You may be eligible for a disability retirement if you can no longer work due to your injury.  It would be advisable to speak with a workers' compensation attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption