Information on who called the police

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Information on who called the police

I am taking care of my mother who has dementia and recently someone called to report that she was being mistreated. The police came out and asked both me and my mother questions and he reported that no mistreatment was suspected. A State Case Worker was then sent out that did the same and they also found no mistreatment. I believe that a family member may have called and so now I cannot trust anyone within the family unless I found out who called. This is tearing the family apart because of this so I need to know who it was that called. Is there any way to accomplish this? The police or the case worker will not disclose this and I even tried the Freedom of Information Act.

Asked on July 8, 2016 under Criminal Law, Georgia


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Reports involving the abuse of the elderly or children are confidential and are protected by statute.  They do so to actually encourage reporting without fear of retaliation.  This type of info is actually protected from disclosure by public information laws.  This means that unless the person who did the reporting volunteers-- you probably never will know who actually did the report. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption