What is the typical outcome of an international student being charged with providing alcohol to a persons under 21?

UPDATED: May 31, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 31, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is the typical outcome of an international student being charged with providing alcohol to a persons under 21?

The officers were called because of a noise complaint. They entered the apartment after asking to and being told no with no reasonable cause. Then 3 people got charged with spirituous liquor in body of persons under 21; 1 was arrested for warrant for failure to appear in court, and the international student was 21 and got charged with providing liquor to a persons under 21. This is the student’s first offense.

Asked on May 31, 2012 under Criminal Law, Arizona


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Providing liquor to minors is a criminal misdemeanor offense in most states. Often times, for first offenses, a person will not be subject to any jail time, and may only be fined. Be mindful that any type of misdemeanor or felony conviction of a person on Visa Status or lacking United States Citizenship can trigger a deportation hearing, so the international student would be wise to consult an attorney prior to pleading guilty or admitting responsibility to this offense. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption