Im being accused of sexual harassment what should i do

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Im being accused of sexual harassment what should i do

A female co worker made a
complaint several days ago
accusing me to have sexually
harassed her i haven’t been working
for this last past 2 days is unfair
and im being punished becuse of
something im not guilty of the
agency said that they were gonna
do an investigation what can i do

Asked on August 31, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, California


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately, there really isn't anything that you can do unless you are afforded some protection under the terms of an employment contract or union agreement. Otherwise, as an "at will" worker, you can be susnede/termiated for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice. The fact si that a business can set the conditions of the workplace much as it sees fit (absent some form of legally actionable discrimination). 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption