im a trucking company owner

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

im a trucking company owner

my driver got caught with a joint in his truck while driving through Spartanburg sc. they charged him with dui and gave him 50.00 fine no one has contacted me but am I going to get reprimanded for what my driver did. as a business owner what will happen to me

Asked on April 21, 2017 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You should not suffer any consequences unless it can  be shown that you either 1) contributed to or participated in his drug use (e.g. sold, gave, etc. him the joint), or 2) that you were negligent (unreasonably careless) in how you supervised him, because there was evidence that he used drugs but despite such evidence, continued letting him drive. That is, you should only suffer any consequences if there is evidence that you were at fault in one way or another.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption