I’m a Kansas tenant and I don’t want to move out of my home. How can I avoid eviction? What are my Kansas tenant eviction rights?

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

If you are a Kansas tenant who has been given notice of termination but do not want to leave, you have a few options. You should first try to fix the breach that is causing the termination. This means paying your rent if it is due, or getting rid of the pet you have in breach of the lease, or whatever the problem may be. If you do not think you have done anything wrong, you should sit tight and wait for the landlord to file suit. You will receive a summons and a court date. You should follow the instructions on the summons. Depending on your district, you may be required to answer the suit before your court date. On the date specified, you must go argue your side in front of a judge. If you win, you can stay in the apartment. If you lose, however, your landlord will probably have you physically removed quite quickly.

If you are a Kansas tenant facing an eviction action, seeking the advice of an experienced Kansas evictions lawyer might be a sound idea. An experienced Kansas attorney will help you defend against the eviction and advise you as to any rights you may have regarding the notice you received and the details of the eviction action filed by the landlord.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption