If the cop in a pullover does not have a camera to show evidence of speeding, am I innocent until proven guilty?

UPDATED: Aug 16, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 16, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If the cop in a pullover does not have a camera to show evidence of speeding, am I innocent until proven guilty?

Since it’s his word versus mine and he has nothing to prove my guilt, and he radar’d someone passing me

Asked on August 16, 2012 under Uncategorized, Florida


Micah Longo / The Longo Firm

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Speeding is a traffic offense and in Florida you are innocent until proven guilty.  You have the right to demand that the ticketing officer appear at the trial and still may cross-examine the officer.

Also remember, you don't have to testify at trial if you don't want to under the 5th Amendment (self-incrimination clause).  It is the prosecutor's burden.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption