if my union rep doesn’t do much for me what can I do?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

if my union rep doesn’t do much for me what can I do?

My employer owes me around 50
hours of labor. I worked my regular
contract hours and this is extra time
I’ve worked I haven’t been paid. My
union rep claimed that he’s been doing
his job, however, I have yet to receive
my money from my job or get an
update from my Union rep. According
to him I was supposed to ‘have this
settled back a few months ago when I
my employer saw that what they
deemed a mistake on their part. ‘ I
work as a Teacher Aide at a high
school. So my question is what can I
do if my Union rep doesn’t do anything
to respond to my emails or texts? What
can I do?

Asked on July 11, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Illinois


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

If your union rep is not providing adequate representation, it would be advisable to contact a labor law attorney.
You can find a labor law attorney online or in the Yellow Pages or you can get a referral from your County Bar Association.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption