If my speeding ticket has the wrong make and model of my car, can I get it dismissed?

UPDATED: Oct 15, 2017

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 15, 2017Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my speeding ticket has the wrong make and model of my car, can I get it dismissed?

The cop wrong the wrong info down.

Asked on October 15, 2017 under General Practice, Connecticut


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

A clerical error such as this is not grounds for dismissing a ticket. These tyoe of mistakes happen all of the time. When you appear in court the ticket can be corrected. That having been said, this doesn't mean that you should not fight it on other grounds. The fact is that a conviction will likley result in an increase in your insurance rates. Here is a link to an article that will explain further: https://law.freeadvice.com/general_practice/traffic_law/fighting-speeding-ticket.htm

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption