If my landlord hasn’t responded to requests to fix my heater, what can I do?

UPDATED: Sep 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my landlord hasn’t responded to requests to fix my heater, what can I do?

It has been over 10 days (months in fact).

Asked on September 11, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Utah


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If your landlord has not fixed your heater after repeated requests for such, you should do the following:

1. write your landlord a note memorializing your requests for the heater's repair and that needs to be done by a certain date and if not, you will have it repaired by a third party and have the landlord invoiced for such. Keep a copy of the letter for future and need.

2. if the completion date comes and goes, hire a repair person to get the heater fixed and instruct the repair person to invoice the landlord the costs for such.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption