If my child was in a legally licenseddaycare and the owner was a 12-time convicted felon, doI have a lawsuit?

UPDATED: Jan 17, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 17, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my child was in a legally licenseddaycare and the owner was a 12-time convicted felon, doI have a lawsuit?

Licensed by the state.

Asked on January 17, 2011 under Personal Injury, Wisconsin


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

Oh my goodness.  You are rightfully livid that this occurred.  First, are you positive that the owner used his or her name to become the licensed entity?  Sometimes people list employees or silent co-owners as the party applying for the license. Double check to be sure.  And while I can see that you would want some form of compensation here, unless you have some form of damages you may not have any case whatsoever.  The type of damages that one would have in this case is an injury to your child while in the care of the daycare.  You should speak with a personal injury attorney in your area for consultation.  It should be free.  But if there are no damages then I would consider that the best compensation of all.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption