If injury occurred on 2/27/17 can anything be done?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If injury occurred on 2/27/17 can anything be done?

Last year I gave birth to my daughter via c-
section. She was cut on the face during the
procedure. I was told it would not scar.
However it has and the scar seems to be
growing larger as her face grows. My birth
experience was horrendous and I personally
never received an apology from the doctor for
the mistake.

Asked on March 15, 2018 under Malpractice Law, Michigan


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

It would be advisable to speak with a Michigan medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible because Michigan has a two year statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit in a medical malpractice case.  This means the lawsuit must be filed prior to the second anniversary of the date of the physician's act of malpractice.
Also, Michigan requires that a notice of intent to file suit must be served on the defendant (doctor) 182 days before the lawsuit is filed.
Michigan also requires an affidavit of merit to be filed regarding your medical malpractice claim.  The affidavit of merit must be written by a doctor in the same field (specialty) as the doctor who committed the malpractice.
The sooner you retain a medical malpractice attorney, the sooner your attorney can obtain compliance with the above requirements in the event that the case on behalf of your baby is not settled with the doctor's malpractice insurance carrier.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption