If I’m ever stopped by an officer they ask if I have been driniking, whats the best way to answer the question?

UPDATED: Jan 27, 2019

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 27, 2019Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m ever stopped by an officer they ask if I have been driniking, whats the best way to answer the question?


Asked on January 27, 2019 under Criminal Law, New York


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If you are stopped for suspicion of drunk driving and asked if you’ve had anything to drink, there are severalthings that you can do, however these options have potential consequences, depending on the circumstances. First of all, if you've been drinking and have a legal blood alcohol (BAC) limit of 0.08 or more, then nothing can keep you from being arrested. Thay having been said, making the right choice regarding the appropriate option for your specific situation may help your DUI case. Here is a link to an article that will explain further: https://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/drunk_driving/police_drinking.htm

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption