If I sold my condo, can the buyer come back after the closing and make me replace anything?

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I sold my condo, can the buyer come back after the closing and make me replace anything?

She wanted air conditioner and heater serviced. I did. She wanted a down spout put on hot water heater. I did. Now after she bought the place she says that she wants me to replace both units. They both worked at

closing. Then she said she wanted to go to mediation I said ok. Now she says no to mediation. And is getting 3 estimates to have both systems replaced. I told her lets go to court. It all worked at closing I can’t possibly be

responsible for this can I?

Asked on July 31, 2019 under Real Estate Law, Colorado


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You are correct: you are NOT responsible for what occurs post-closing, whether it's they broke at some point or she became dissatisfied with them. As long as you provided working units at closing, you fulfilled your responsibility, and she would have no grounds to take legal action against you or recover compensation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption