If i paid off all my fines and probation fees & my probation officer accepted the money can she still **** test me & keep me on supervised probation??

UPDATED: May 18, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 18, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If i paid off all my fines and probation fees & my probation officer accepted the money can she still **** test me & keep me on supervised probation??

I was charged w simple possesion & was put on supervised probation. I went & paid off all my fines & then paid off all my supervision fees after my probation officer accepted my money & put it into the computer she said oh yeah i haven’t **** tested u yet. So she did & i felled wpot n my system but she didn’t violate me she just gave me 3 more months on probation. Can she do this after i paid 4 all my fines & probation fees n full? I really need 2 know the answer to my question thank you.

Asked on May 18, 2009 under Criminal Law, Tennessee


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Yes, she can do this, I would think, although I'm not a Tennessee lawyer.  If you want to get a firm opinion, talk to a local attorney, and one place to look for counsel is our website, http://attorneypages.com

You failed the drug test, and I'm sure that one of the conditions of your probation was that you weren't allowed to use drugs or otherwise break the law, and I'm also pretty sure that drug testing was part of the deal as well.

She probably could have violated you, and just giving you another three months was cutting you a break.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption