If I hit a person going at 1mph with no damage to vehicle

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I hit a person going at 1mph with no damage to vehicle

I accidentally hit a car in front of me during a red light while we were stopped
going at around 1mph. There was no damage to the vehicles, but the person claimed
to be ‘injured’ from this. The cops arrived and took down our information, but I
did not show my insurance at the time. I now received a letter from her lawyer
telling me to provide my insurance information or provide the affidavit of no
insurance if I did not have one. What should I do in this case? Should I fight
for the fact that she may have pretended to be injured? Thank you.

Asked on May 13, 2016 under Accident Law, Arizona


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

It woujld be advisable to refer the matter to your auto insurance company which will handle the case for you. It will be difficult for you to prove that the other party is pretending to be injured. Most likely, the case will be settled without a lawsuit being filed.  If the case is NOT settled, your auto insurance company will provide you with an attorney at no cost to you who will handle the case for you.
Don't worry about it.  Your insurance company will handle the entire matter for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption