If I have a pending DUI charge and I refused chemical tests, what will show up onmy motor vehicle record?

UPDATED: Sep 14, 2010

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 14, 2010Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I have a pending DUI charge and I refused chemical tests, what will show up onmy motor vehicle record?

How long will it take to show?

Asked on September 14, 2010 under Criminal Law, Tennessee


M.S., Member, Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

The short answer to your question is that if you have a pending DUI charge, then that may show up on your motor vehicle record.  It just depends on who is doing the background check and with what agency.  The fact that you refused the chemical test should have no relevance to whether or not it shows up on a background check.  That being said, if you are concerned about your record, I suggest that you retain an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately.  Hiring an attorney wil give you the best opportunity to obtain a favorable resolution (such as a dismissal or a not guilty verdict) in the interest of protecting your record.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption