If I had an at-work accident, who pays for the ambulance?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I had an at-work accident, who pays for the ambulance?

I was injured at work over a year ago, and fell hurting my neck due to a faulty
chair. My employer called the ambulance, even though I stated I felt I didn’t
need one – as it was ‘company policy’.

I’m now supposedly being sent to collections over this ambulance bill, and was
curious as to whether or not I’m actually supposed to be paying it. The hospital
bill was covered by my employer under worker’s comp, wouldn’t this fall under it
as well?

I currently reside in the state of California.

Asked on June 20, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, California


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

The ambulence should be covered by your employer just like any other work related bill.  You need to contact your employer and the administrator and let them know of the issue.  More than likely, the hospital simply didn't have the correct information. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption