If I dissolve my business, am I contractually obligated to provide contractually agreed to group classes?

UPDATED: Jan 12, 2018

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 12, 2018Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I dissolve my business, am I contractually obligated to provide contractually agreed to group classes?

I am an S-Corp and LLC dog training business. I will likely be closing my business. No brick and mortar but I do have contracts that have been signed by clients giving them 1 years worth of group classes.

Asked on January 12, 2018 under Business Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If you personally signed the contracts, in your individual capacity and not on behalf of the LLC or S-corp (so that you, not the business entity[ies] are the party to the contract), then you would be obligated to provide the classes. But if the LLC or S-corp was the signatory and party to the contracts, it, not you, is obligated; so if the business entity closes down, you would have no personal liability.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption