If an ex-boyfriend video taped us during sex with out my consent, what actions do I take to make sure it does not surface?

UPDATED: Jan 9, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If an ex-boyfriend video taped us during sex with out my consent, what actions do I take to make sure it does not surface?

It is stored on his phone maybe computer. It was a night of heavy drinking and I vaguely remember it. We are now broken up and I potentially see him sabotaging in any way possible. How can I get posession or deletion of it? Is there anything I can do?

Asked on January 9, 2013 under Personal Injury, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Given what you have written about, I suggest that you consult with a personal injury attorney to draft an agreement between you and the "ex" where the tape is destroyed in both of your presence with others in attendance to verify such with a representation that the "ex" did not make any copies of it nor distribute it.

Likewise there should be a stiff liquidated damage provision as to the "ex" such as $50,000 if he violates the terms of the agreement. The key is to get him to sign it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption