If a manager open handly hits me, then hits be again after I asked them to stop, what should i do now?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If a manager open handly hits me, then hits be again after I asked them to stop, what should i do now?

Im a employee and the manager and I had a
mis communication. The manager then open
handly hit my shoulder and with force more
than 2 times. I then stepped away and ask her
not to hit me. She then laughed and said, this
is like a slap on the wrist and proceeded to hit
me two more times. I called my regional
manager HR. Where do I go from here? What
else do I need to do? Is this a lawsuit?

Asked on December 2, 2018 under Personal Injury, Kentucky


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If you don't receive a satisfactory response from HR and/or your regional manager, you may want to file a complaint at a higher level in the company.
It is not worth filing a lawsuit for battery, which is the harmful or offensive touching of another person without consent or legal privilege.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption