if a kid threw a remote at my head and left a mark and then i shook him and yelled at him can i get charged…

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

if a kid threw a remote at my head and left a mark and then i shook him and yelled at him can i get charged…

so a kid got mad over eating a piece of my pizza and then i took his slice from
his lunch to make it fair but he got mad threw a fit at first he was going to
throw a glass bottle at me but then he grabbed a remote at me it hit me in the
back of my head it left a big goose egg and then i grabbed him by the shoulders
an then yelled at him and later on the supervisor at my group home yelled at me
and consequenced me and gave him a smaller consequence and he’s nine i’m 13

Asked on January 31, 2019 under Criminal Law, Alaska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you could be charged. You had already been hit, so this was not self defense--you were not preventing or fighting off an attack. You were getting revenge for having been attacked. But the law does not give you the right to do that, so you could potentially face charges.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption