I would like to know in the state of florida permits this: if so how can I go about doing this :

UPDATED: May 26, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 26, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I would like to know in the state of florida permits this: if so how can I go about doing this :

Can I get divorced before we finalize all the details?In many states the answer is “yes”. The typical case is one in which one spouse wants to remarry before all the other issues such as child custody and visitation, support, distribution of property and attorney fees are resolved. In states permitting this “bifurcation”, the court will handle the end of the marriage separately from the other issues. This permits the parties to remarry while providing them additional time to resolve the remaining issues. If the parties cannot negotiate matters themselves, the court retains the ability to res

Asked on May 26, 2009 under Family Law, Florida


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I'm not a Florida attorney, so I can't tell you for certain.  It's relatively rare, and I think it's likely that it will depend on all the unique facts of your case, and every case I know of, in which anything like this has been done, both sides have attorneys and both sides consent to this procedure.  So if you don't already have a lawyer who can answer this question for you, you need to retain one.  You can find qualified divorce lawyers in a number of ways, including a visit to our website, http://attorneypages.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption