What to do about a suspension if I was following orders?

UPDATED: Jan 8, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about a suspension if I was following orders?

I work for a major company. I was given driving/sales route that would put me over the 60 hour rule for driver’s status. I asked and was OK’d to drive. However, later I was suspended by the company for breaking the rule. What is my recourse? Who do I talk to?

Asked on January 8, 2013 under Employment Labor Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written about concerning a matter that I deem an internal employment issue, you need to have a face to face meeting with the human resources department at work and your immediate supervisor who gave you the approval to drive leading to your suspension to iron things out and to document the matter.

If matters are not resolved to your satisfaction, then I suggest that you consult with a labor law attorney and/or a representative with your local department of labor about the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption