If I won a prize on a game show last year for a trip, how I can I make them honor their commitment?

UPDATED: Jun 27, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 27, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I won a prize on a game show last year for a trip, how I can I make them honor their commitment?

I called the travel agency last week to book the trip and they said they would call me back to confirm the dates I had requested. They have ignored every effort I have made to contact them since. Email, phone, Facebook, nothing. Other winners are apparently experiencing the same thing. It feels like they are trying to weasel out of giving me what I’ve won.

Asked on June 27, 2012 under General Practice, California


Cameron Norris, Esq. / Law Office of Gary W. Norris

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Did the travel agency award you the prize, or are they just being used by the awarding party?  If someone else gave you the prize I would contact them.  The Federal Trade Commission and the State Attorney General's Office are in charge of regulating prize promotions.  The FTC has a complaint form available online at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/  I would forward the form to the other award winners as well--the more contact, the more likely the FTC will act quickly.

Best of luck.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption