If I won a judgement for $4500 but I haven’t paid for 3 months what doI do?

UPDATED: Dec 2, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I won a judgement for $4500 but I haven’t paid for 3 months what doI do?

I was jumped by 4 people and the deal was since they couldn’t afford the lump sum so they would make payments of $100 a month.

Asked on December 2, 2011 under Bankruptcy Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you have a judgment of $4,500.00 against several people for a personal injury award but you have not been paid under the agreed monthly installments, if you were previously paid by a check, then you need to prepare a bank levy on the bank accounts of those that paid you a bit. You should have all the information for the bank levy if you kept a copy of the check used to pay you.There are forms online that you can use for the levy application.

Another option is to do a wage garnishment of the judgment debtors. You will need to serve their employer with the necessary forms for the garnishment process to begin.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption